Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Abstract. Sequential

I took the Myers Briggs: I took it in high school as part of my sensior seminar. It was supposed to teach me about who I was, what I would become and how to select a major in college. It was really interesting. I learned about who people thought I would be in the the 1980s or whenever it was written and that personality quizzes were really obvious in how they categorize people. I also learned that magazine quizzes were just about as accurate as the MB.

Multiple intelligences, on the other hand, was revolutionary to my understanding of how people learn and use data. I am a visual special learner, but I better understand other earners simply by understanding that there are other, equally good, learning styles. Gardner gives plenty of guidancon how to use multiple intelligences in class, how to teach students to adapt to other learner sand how to grow students in the fields where thy struggle. I have a favorite teacher at my current school at uses his and she is amazing. She tests with projects, grades with finesse, and leads her students through incredibly challenging material while challenging them but also nurturing them through their struggles.

Is she alone in this? Why isn't this theory, or at least it's principals being used all over?

No comments:

Post a Comment