Sunday, March 6, 2016

What Type of Audience?

For some, writing may be just a simple mechanic reaction or an unconscious process that does not require any inspiration at all.  Well, this is not the case for me; it has never been, and will never be something that I can just sit down and do it.  I mean I need some sort of inspiration to do so, since I have been in bed for the last six days I have pretty much been without energy and unable to think.  For instance, while I was trying to keep up with our teaching of composition class readings, I read that writing should be considered as an organic process.  Is this mean that we really do not need that inspirational drive that I am talking about?  Regardless of what experts may object I really believe that we need a certain degree of motivation in order to even start thinking on putting our thoughts on a piece of paper.  I am the type of person that finds hard to know about what I want to write, it is only until I physically see the written text that I notice what I really wanted to say.  In most instances, this may represent a huge problem, especially if we are writing for a specific audience.  Isn’t that a writer can say whatever in a text?  This is one of my greatest concern regarding my literacy autobiography, in that; I am not sure if I should have in mind the type of audience I will be writing for.  However, I can safely assume that my first, and probably the most important audience for now, will be my professor and my classmates.  Which make feel nervous, but at the same time I feel that they will not only read my text, but also read the underlying context of the circumstances I will be describing in my work.          

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming that my readers are people who might be different from me in all aspects but one: We share a desire to help the next generation of students become better communicators. We may disagree about how to make that desire a reality, but I assume readers will be sufficiently open-minded to consider what I have to say. Also, I like getting to know about people on a deeper level, and I assume my readers do too.

    ReplyDelete